Traditional inboard and outboard motors have many moving parts and require consistent upkeep, proper winterization and expensive fuel. Electric motors require none of these things. Did we mention they’re silent? Get on board with the biggest breakthrough in the marine industry with an electric motor from Elco. With the ease of installation (fits standard engine mounts), and virtually zero carbon footprint, electric motors are the future of boating. Contact Brightside today to learn more.
Elco Electric Motors
Reliable ⋅ Powerful ⋅ Clean ⋅ Plug & Play
Brightside is proud to announce that we are an official local Maine dealer of Elco Electric Motors
Brightside is proud to be one of Maine’s only authorized dealers
Why go electric?
- No exhaust fumes produced
- Silent motor operation – No noise pollution
- Recyclable batteries
- Small carbon footprint
- Cruise all day and charge the batteries overnight
- The motor fits standard engine mounts
- Never needs a tune-up; no need to winterize
- Available for conventional shaft connection applications and sail drive units
- The motor is water and particle resistant
- Motor runs cool so it will not heat up the cabin
- Great reliability, with an operational service life of 50,000+ hours before scheduled maintenance
- More than twice the cruising range than an equivalent diesel engine in a hybrid system
Electric is the Better Choice
Elco Motor owner John Kelly: “In thinking about what type of motor to put in to my boat, keeping the gasoline and oil away from the lake was a big part of the decision, and electric is just so environmentally friendly and sustainable that I wanted to go electric from the get go with this boat.” No oil and no combustibles onboard!
We are Maine’s Lithionics Battery Dealer
The QR Code below (also found on the top label of your battery) provides
a quick and easy way to access the Resources / Support page of Lithionics website.
The Resources / Support page contains installation guides, user manuals, support videos,
and other technical information related to your battery, system, or application.